Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kate's Hair



I have had so many people ask how I do Kate's hair so I promised a few that I would post pictures. This is two rows from top to bottom of twists. My favorite is the do the same thing but in a crown all the way around her head. You can do almost anything with twists!
I also love weaving thin ribbons through it. This kind of hair do last 4-5 days and takes one cartoon to complete from beginning to end if I am doing her whole head.

Twists, or sometimes called topsie tails. All they are is a ponytail slit in front in half, then the tail part being brought through the front and tightened. Thats mostly what I do with her hair because it is still pretty fine, and kinda still too short.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Grace just saw this picture and asked me to do her hair like Kate's today... :)

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! Great job! Melanie, can we be neighbors so you can do my girlies' hair?

Emily said...

Her hair always looks so cute! I love doing those twists in Sarah's hair (except I call them knots). The best part is that they stay in all day without frizzing everywhere. I love the ribbon too!

Matt said...

Chauncey, this is Matt. Dude, that Mario Kart cake is AWESOME! When are you guys moving back to NC? Send me an email when you get a chance ... mattmcnair@gmail.com.

Christina Huling said...

Reminds me alot of Jocelyn! I'm glad she has plenty of hair to play with now. Jocelyn hates me to do her hair, but it usually stays almost a week and I don't have to worry about it, otherwise I'm tempted to just cut it all off! Nice work!