Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Full term update

I will try to get a picture taken today and post because today I am full term! Meaning 37 weeks. I think most people say thats full term.
Anyways, this coming weekend will mark the longest time I have ever been pregnant with any of my children. Jack was born a week ago, the other two were 17 days early.
I had an ultrasound Monday and they measured her. I have had ultrasounds late in most of my pregnancies and they are to the ounce accurate, and Monday she was measuring right on with all of my other babies at this stage, 5 and 1/2 pounds. So, she will be 6 by the end of the weekend, which is the biggest I have ever had!
The difference this time is that I am actually trying to stay pregnant for as long as I can, for many reasons that are mostly out of convenience. Both boys start school the week before my due date, among other conveniences of still being pregnant for longer.
I am feeling great, so happy to be pregnant, and am loving it more than ever! I have absolutely nothing to complain or worry about. I am a little uneasy about the pain of an unmedicated delivery that is soon to come, but am also so excited to have that experience again and have that kind of bond with another baby girl.
I am so thrilled and anticipating meeting her and can hopefully make it 2 and a 1/2 more weeks!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to see her!

Unknown said...

Oh yay! I'm glad to hear you are feeling so good, and I hope that all works out exactly as you wish it! :) Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Emily said...

Good luck this last stretch of the pregnancy. I'm so glad things have gone well so far. Hope to hear great news soon of another gorgeous girl for you. :)