Friday, February 29, 2008

A "Wicked" review...

Really bad, but one and only picture of me and Chauncey. At least my shirt matched the wall!


It was AMAZING! Chauncey and I went to see Wicked for the first time last Saturday in Cleveland's Playhouse. It was the original cast from Chicago. I don't think words can really describe how much we both fell in love with this musical! My only wish is that I could see it again with my college roommates!!
Some of my favorite things.....obvious...I was highly entertained by the scene "Popular", and all of the funniness that came with it! I love Galinda. She was fantastic! Chauncey and I were laughing the entire time!
Another thing I really loved about the musical as a whole was how there was a very real and raw love story intertwined with the bogger story of Elfie's struggle. I loved that Elfie wasn't a "wicked" witch at all, and how Glinda and Elfie always really loved eachother.
This musical is my third favorite I have ever seen, and I have seen so many musicals by now! It is one of my very favorite things I ever get to do in life!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I am glad you loved Wicked, it really is one of the best Broadway plays that I have ever seen, a new classic!

Ruth P said...

I love Wicked too! I got to see it when I was in New York last summer and it surprised me how much it touched me. I can't wait to see it with Scott! I bought the soundtrack and my girls can sing most of the songs now!

Elizabeth said...

I can't say anything about Wicked since I haven't seen it (only read the book--which I hear is very different) but I personally think that is a great picture of you. You look really good and so does Chauncey. I love that you have so many pictures together. Tim and I need to be better about that.

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Thanks Elizabeth, I kind ofcringed at putting it up, but it was the only one we had from that day!

JohansenWest said...

Hey Guys! That's awesome that you got to go see Wicked-- I loved that show. I've got James singing Loathing all the time now, cuz that's my absolute favorite song in the whole show... ok that's hard to say, but I do really really love it. Glad you had a good time.

jamieschip said...

You both look great! My sister saw Wicked in San Francisco and loved it. Maybe someday Jake and I will be able to see it.

Kent & Beka said...

What a fun date!
Maralee is my sister. I think I remember meeting your in-laws when I visited... what a small world!