Thursday, February 21, 2008

Here are the very first Ultrasound pictures...

Yesterday I was just as excited as with my first baby! It was so fun to see her for the first time! She was kicking and waving her arms and was way bigger than I would have ever guessed since I have never seen or felt anything yet! I was measuring 12 and 1/2 weeks yesterday. Chauncey was not able to make it due to overbookings at the clinic. It was really unfortunate because it was so much fun!

The first thing Dr. Reider said(I assume because I take fertility meds. to get pregnant) was, "Well, there's just one!"

Her heartbeat was consistent with a girl for me. The boys heartbeats were always in the high 160's. Kates was always mid 150's, and hers was 154-156. Its a girl!

These scanned in rather small. But here she is nonetheless. I was measuring several days ahead of where I should have been. I believe I am due the last day in August. My original date was september 3rd. Not that any of this matters, since the latest I have ever been is 2.5 weeks early. I just hope I can make it past Jack's birthday, August 16th. Thats my goal anyways.

Now it feels so real! We are thrilled!

7 comments:

Francis Family said...

I'm so excited for you! The first pictures are always so fun, and it really does feel more real after that!

JohansenWest said...

aww she's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and so glad you are feeling alittle better. It really sucks to be sick when you are already sick. I hope this nausea thing goes away soon and I hope this pregnancy is a happy one without any stress :)
Hope all is well

Elizabeth said...

What cute pictures--I love the little raspberry pictures. That first ultrasound is always my favorite, where you get to see their little heart beating for the first time and their teeny hands and legs waving and kicking. It is just adorable. I'm glad everything is healthy and well.

Rachel said...

It is very fun to get those first pictures, I am glad that you are starting to feel better and get out of the sick zone!

Langston Family said...

Jarron said that the last time he talked with you you were planning on a fourth...CONGRATULATIONS! Everytime we get caught up with the two of you...you pull ahead. We're following in your footsteps so I'm REALLY excited to have a second girl:)

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

girls are so fun! Kate is truly a princess, andthe sweetest thing I could have ever imagined to have. I hope you get another girl in a year, right?