Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mischievious Kate...

Well, I typically don't get out of bed until after Noon, so Kate is left to entertain herself when her brothers are playing the Wii. This morning, Kate had been coming in and out of my room all morning "checking in". I finally got up to feed the kids lunch around 11:20 am, and I came downstairs and saw the heat vent in the kitchen had been pulled open. I looked in and Kate had taken both my cell phone and our home phone and chucked them into the vent! Then, after lunch, I took the boys up and made them get dressed, and Kate had taken all of Jack's shirts and pants out and thrown them around the room! I guess she kept herself entertained!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Melanie,

I don't know how you are managing three kids and laying in bed being sick. I guess you just have to take one day at a time and remember that this to shall pass. Also, the kids will be fine, as you see already. They just will create more work for you around the house when unsupervised. But you do what you've got to do to survive. Hang in there. Thanks for visiting my blog. It was nice to hear from you personally.

Love Lauren

Mom Lowder said...

It's so OK to just take care of you... and know they will be very creative... Michael (my oldest) took all of the books out of our bookshelves and put them on top of each other in a ceiling high tower... I don't know how he did it... but it kept them busy when I needed sleep... He is still using that energy and clever approach in being a great husband and father and providing for his family.... So it is a good thing.
Sorry you are feeling sick... it is a great sacrifice for you to provide a body for a spirit who can come to earth... The Lord knows of your faith... Love, Louan

Kari said...

Aren't one years olds fabulous? Mine is quite the trouble maker these days. So sorry you've been so sick, hope its starts getting better soon.