Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Life is all lilies...

Well, I am warning you that this post may not be an upbeat one.

I have been really sick for only 2 weeks pls 2 days(but who's counting) when Sunday at church while I was conducting the Relief Society Meeting I almost collapsed. I thought it was just my normal sick. When we got home from chruch at 12:30 I went straight to my room, not even taking off my boots or coat, and fell into the couch for a long winters' nap. I slept the rest of the day except for dinner. I slept through big chauncey's celebrations at 10:30pm due to the Giants Win. I slept all the way until 8 am the next day. Then slept most of that day too.

I called the doctor because I was having body chills/aches. She said I have the flu and to watch my temperature and if it reaches 101, stay on tylenol, and if you can't keepi it down, go to the Hospital. So, 7 pm last nite it was 101.4.

I am so grateful for having such an amazingly strong Priesthood holder in my home . Chauncey's spiritual power amazes me all the time. He has such a strong sense of his Heaven;y Father, and that has blessed our home so many times in the last 7 years.

He gave me a blessing and the meds are working.

Life isn't supposed to be all lillies right? We love you all. I will be fine, in another 10 or so weeks.

5 comments:

Debbie and Bobby said...

being sick on top of being sick is just not fair! Hope you are getting a bit better. Do you take any anit-nausea meds at all? I tried some this time around. I only took a pill every other day and sometimes half a pill every other day and even that little bit made my life so much more bearable during that period.

Unknown said...

Wish I was there to help you!! There is nothing worse then being pregnant and being so sick you don't care if your kids run around all day naked and unfed. I am glad you are starting to feel better.

Real Life Roberts said...

Hang in there Mel! It's tough going through it but remember the beautiful outcome!! I'll pray for you!

Lauren said...

That sounds rough Melanie. You are such a strong woman, I know you'll pull through this. Morning sickness and the flu is such a bad combination. Your optimism and strength will see you through. I admire that you are having your fourth. I am not ready yet for a fourth. I have no doubt that you will be just as great with four as you are with three. Hang in there!

Love
Lauren

JohansenWest said...

Hey, sorry you're feeling so sick. I hope things are looking up for you.