Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Okay so here is our story of this little miracle baby boy...

This little baby boy is our little Miracle Baby as we endearingly call him. He should have never happened for so many reasons. If you really want to know those reasons, read on, if you are satisfied, then stop here knowing that this baby truly is our little, and last miracle baby.

As my closest friends know, I have never ovulated in my entire life. Chauncey and I have been married for over 8 years and I have never gotten pregnant, on my own that is. We always need the help of modern medicine to have all four of our children. It was nice, no need for any type of birth control, always having the luxury of planning exactly when the next one would join our little family.

In the summer, like July, I had a spot of blood. Kinda wierd, but nothing to worry about. But, just to be safe, I watched myself and paid very close attention to whether I felt anything like ovulation for the next 4 weeks. Nothing. So I figured I was not going to ovulate......like always. I was being careful just because I really wanted to wait more than a year from then to think about having our 5 th and last baby.

Then, 6 or 7 weeks after that one spot of blood I felt it, the ovulation pain. I was careful from that moment on. I thought I had done a good job of being "safe".

Then in mid August, I started feeling wierd things like not being able to fill my lungs with air, and a bit of soreness in my lower abdomen. I have only experienced these things with pregnancy. But, there is no way I could have ever gotten pregnant. I was still nursing Bella, she was only 10 months old. I was careful. Then I remembered the night before I felt the ovulation pain, there was a way I could have gotten pregnant. Oh no!

This is the miracle part. Heavenly Father knew that I would do everything to not get pregnant, so he made sure I had no idea it could possibly be coming. Ovulating 7 weeks later, getting pregnant before even the first sign of ovulation coming. And ovulating at all is a miracle in and of itself for me. It all defys science and should have never happened, but like I said, it was a miracle baby.

So, I am now somewhere around half way. I beleive I am a bit past 20 weeks. I haven't had any ultrasounds yet. They are very expensive. So I am waiting until January to get one. I am delivering with a group of midwives at a birthing center. I should be somewhere in the ballpark of 23 or 24 weeks when January rolls around. They are estimating my due date to be May 3rd, so we will see if that shifts with the ultrasound. I wasn't paying attention to exact dates when all of this was going on until it was weeks later.

I feel great now. I just stopped being sick about a week ago, which is early for me. It was the easiest sickness yet, although it was still miserable. I feel like my uterus is bigger than 20 weeks for me, plus I got better soon than usual, so it will be interesting to see.

It took me, well I am still not really ok with having another baby this soon. It makes it much more bearable knowing that the Lord is the one that did this, and that we know this little boy is supposed to be born now, for some reason. That is the only way I am even ok with the timing.

I guess life doesn't always happen exactly as you would plan, although mine seems to be like clockwork, until of course this happened! We are excited to put a cap on our family and to get each one of them here on this earth and to know that our family is complete. Next year will be hard, but we will do the very best job we can, then go on a long cruise vacation!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

I loved reading that and hearing the story again. I for one am so excited for you. You are an amazing example of motherhood for me. I have learned a lot by watching you interact with your children. You love them all so much and it shows. You will be an incredible mother of five. This baby will bring such a sweet spirit into your home like nothing you've felt before. I know it.

I love you! Congratulations again.

Jessica said...

How exciting! How do you know it's a boy if you haven't had an ultrasound?

Heidi said...

Congratulations- Isn't it amazing the peace that comes with knowing the Lord has His hand in our lives? You and Chauncey are amazing parents- this child is blessed to be coming to your home!

Heidi said...

Congratulations- Isn't it amazing the peace that comes with knowing the Lord has His hand in our lives? You and Chauncey are amazing parents- this child is blessed to be coming to your home!

Patti Johansen said...

How do you know it is a boy? There is a story there, I am sure! Congrats!

Laurie Wilcox said...

What a sweet experience! I was a little surprised to hear that you were pregnant so soon since I knew of your "plan" to wait. One of life's great lessons that the Lord's plan is always better than our own. Just one question... how would you feel if this litte one is a girl? I know you've been right about your other kids but everything about this experience is surprising! Just remember that if he is actually a she... you are getting what you need and when you need them. Even though I ended up with 1 girl and 3 boys, I'm so grateful that my Isaac wasn't a girl like I was certain he would be. I don't know how I ever lived without him! Good luck with everything!!!

Bridgett Johnson said...

Congratulations, I just read it. I always love reading your stories. Thank you for sharing. You'll love having them close. Please know you're in my prayers.

Bridgett