Saturday, September 8, 2007

What is a really great life?

I have been thinking a lot lately about what it really means to me to live my life. I mean, really live while I am alive.
I know the things that are important, truly important in living my life. These things include living each day to do things that will draw me closer to the Lord.
Doing things that can brighten someone elses day.
Take the time to look around me and be really nice to people I come in contact with wherever I go.
Teach my children to be good, honest, hard working and grateful individuals who know beyond any doubt that they have and Earthly mother and Father who would die for them if necessary. And furthermore, to know that they have a Heavenly Father who loves them so much, that he sacrificed his Son for their sins.
With all this aside, assuming life is going well and there are no tragedies to deal with in the moment...what does it mean to really live a good life?
I think right now it means to LIVE my life. To gain experience by experience that make up my life. To actively MAKE my life.
To, with FULL PURPOSE create my own experiences that will make me and my family happy and grow.
Chauncey and I have been discuss a lot lately on what we want out of this life. We are on the same page.
Anyhow....just some thoughts that have been looming in my mind, and are now looming in the universe.
Melanie

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Isn't it an awesome responisiblity that we are able to care for and raise such wonderful little spirits! Thank you for posting you thoughts! Hope things are going well! I still want to see pictures of your house especially you kitchen!
Rachel

Brandon J said...

Melanie, what is so neat about you, is that you truly do those things each day. Everything you mentioned in here I have seen you do. That is what makes you such a great person! You are doing everything right, I can see you living the life you want. That is wonderful. Miss you Melanie.
Laurie (not Brandon)

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

I miss you so much Laurie! I had no idea you were out there n the blog world! We are coming to visit you the first weekend it gets cold! We love you guys,
melly

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Rach, I will get those pics. I haven't forgotten, its just been crazy since we got home. Next week I will get to those! I am excited to show you!
love,
mel

Josh and Liz said...

I absolutly love you! You are an amazing woman! I am impressed by how introspective you are and commited to God! You are a great example of "Living". I love being your friend! I pray I will be as good an influence in your life as you are in mine.
Liz

Rochelle said...

Okay, so I think I've read this blog about 5 times now... (I know... I'm a dork). Each time I learn something more from it... you truly make me want to be a better person, Mel. I think that I take for granted the fact that I have you right next door to me. You are an amazing person and I am so blessed to know you and have the connection of family with you. Anyway, I just had to comment (after my 5th read!) and let you know that I love you... and I love your blog because I learn new things about you with each post!(like how you and Chauncey really met and dated and how you knew each other for a year to the day you got married... and half the things you wrote in the 'tagged' blog. How sad that I didn't know all of those things!) Anyway, how's that for a comment? :)