Friday, September 14, 2007

Peeing on the rug....and other important life lessons

The boys are doing well, they love school, and I love spending time with them in the mornings. Its thier best time of day, and we have fun playing "Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stephani(my current favorite song), as loud as we possibly can each morning, and dance around the house to it.

That is followed by a 30 minute session of football that Chuancey suggests we play EVERY morning. Its really fun.I decided that I need to take an interest and have fun doing WHATEVER the boys want to do or are interested in. So, I ask them what they want to do each morning, and we do it almost all the time. I want to do this so that they know that what they like to do is important to me and so we can be connected in that way.

Jack pees on the rug almost everyday. He pulls off his underwear and pees. He's three and has been potty trained since January. Its not a control issue. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Thanks for letting me cry this afternoon and for just being there and available to talk to. I can't wait to spend another morning with you and the kids. I have no idea what to do with Jackson... but if you come up with anything... let me know! (I just might need it for Lincoln, but so far, so good). Love you!

severts6 said...

I have an idea. Pick up the rug and put it outside, preferably on the doorstep of your least favorite neighbor. You know, the one who always plays his music too loud. Jack will be sure to follow that rug, right?
- Uncle G

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Thats great advice Greg! Thanks! Although in our neighborhood, someone might get shot, we live in Cleveland.
But, its a great thought!
Mel

Elizabeth said...

James actually does that occasionally--will have a series of "accidents" that I know are not accidents. Truthfully, I just completely ignore it. I say nothing, clean up the mess, and go on with life giving him absolutely no attention and it generally stops after 3-4 days. Mostly I do that because I have no idea what to say to something like that so I just ignore it and hope it goes away and strangely enough, it does. I could just be getting lucky however.

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

OK-Well, I stopped giving him the "attention" he was maybe desiring, and started just saying, "thats a bummer" say nothing else, then on saturday morning when the boys get to play star wars so we can sleep in, he doesn't get to play.
I did that last saturday, and it hasn't been as bad atleast.
I have no idea!