Sunday, September 2, 2007

Kate's Severed finger...

Here's what happened... Christina and her three kids were here visiting for the week. Saturday morning they were getting ready to leave, when Jaden went into the half bath on the main level of the house, and slammed the door shut while Kate was right in the doorway, with her finger in the hinge side of the door.
I was right in the kitchen, saw it happen, opened the door and freaked out. I started screaming, and got down on the floor looking for her finger. Big Chauncey was home luckily, and took Kate away to the upstairs bathroom immediately to check the damage. There was blood flying all of the walls as he ran her upstairs. Luckily we have mostly wood floors!
I ran up after him after no luck of finding her pinky on the ground. He immediately said "We have to go now!" So, we jumped in the van, I am holding her crying like a baby, and we get to the Pediatric ER within 15 minutes of the incident.
A plastic hand surgeon sowed it back on, albeit crooked, although you must all give me your thoughts on whether you agree if its crooked or not. I will post new pictures of it later so you can see it more healed.
Poor Kate's little pinky!
Kate's finger the night after it all came to pass.




There has been so much happening with our little family that I can't possibly keep up posting everything on this blog...but this event must be posted.

2 comments:

Kristel said...

Oh man...I am so sorry. Poor Kate!!! That is so scarey and sad! I bet she was hysterical...did they knock her out, I hope? Is she doing alright now? and are you?

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can only imagine. I hope she's doing better now and not picking at her finger too much. Reading about you guys makes me miss you so much! Cleveland was such a fun time in our lives. It will always be a fond memory for us. Enjoy the rest of your time there.