Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today...

Little Chauncey asked an interesting AND thoughtful question just after prayers before bed...."Why do ONLY the boys in our Family go to school?" I set him straight quickly!

Also, as I was putting him to bed tonite(I always scratch his back and talk with him before he falls asleep) he revealed to me that he had bad dreams almost every nite and last nite it was about bees stinging him and a car hitting him. So I told him that he can think of how wonderful heaven will be with our family and about Heavenly Father before he falls asleep, and that we can sing primary songs instead of talking to help him think of good things before falling asleep, he actually fell asleep in the middle of Families Can Be Together Forever.

Kate was lying on my lap outside this evening and we were talking with Daddy and watching the birds and airplanes fly by and she kept talking, "Bird, tweet, tweet,(then panted like a dog) bye bird". Same with airplanes.
Then a bird landed next to her half eaten sandwich and started eating it and she said, "Bird eat sandwich".

Jack earned his 3 treats and did great being sweet all day, until after dinner. He was disobedient. So we threatened the three treats, and he didn't oblige. When we gave little CHuancey is treats, Jack was very sweet and understood and didn't throw a fit even though we knew he really wanted them.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, those are really sweet stories. :) Kate sure is talkative!

Kent & Beka said...

It is always so amazing to me to remember that the little guys have thoughts that we don't hear or know about- Whenever Tyse says, "I've been thinking..." I know I am in for a treat, but it is heartbreaking to hear those thoughts not be so...positive! Bad dreams are hard to deal with.
Can't believe that Jack didn't get upset about the treats- that wouldn't happen EVER in our house!

Emily said...

Chauncey Walker West!!!! This is Emily Stiles-king, I was blog stalking and went through about five blog when I stumbled upon yours(Mel can you pass a hello on to Chauncey-we were friends in Austin.) Anyways hello-we have a blog also
www.we-the-kings.blogspot.com, if you would like to check it out!! You guys have a beautiful family and congrats on the next one!

Elizabeth said...

I love the tradition of sitting on the bed and talking to each child before bed. I think I will start that myself. Thanks for the idea. Also, what does Jack have to do to get treats?

Melanie and Chauncey West said...

Jack resists getting dressed and shoes and wiping himself. Those are his three things he is working on daily. He doesn't really care much about treats though unfortunantely, I haven't figured out how to get him to do things yet.

Lauren said...

Melanie....

Where are you? I hope you are feeling okay. I miss reading your blog! Post something new when you have a chance, ok ;)