Friday, May 30, 2008

Our trip to the Country

Each year we take a trip to visit my grandparents in Mississippi. We get the chance to truely live in the country...atleast for a few glorious days.
This trip we rode the four wheelers through thier wooded trails; dug out red potatoes from the garden for dinner, and played in the 90 degree heat with the waterhose. It was great!




My papaw and my mom together on the front porch.






My Mamaw helping little Chauncey and Jack wash the potatoes they dug from the garden.

My Mom with Kate.
Washing potatoes.


3 comments:

G said...

I like little Chauncey's shirt in those photos!!! ;)

Looks like you guys had fun!

Lauren said...

I love that you call them Mamaaw and Papaaw! You've got a little Southern blood in you Melanie! It's funny what you refer to as country living, because those are things we do daily around here...play with the water hose, play with the dog, you know what I mean. It is great having wide open spaces for the kids to run around and just be kids. I'm glad ya'll had a good time. I'm not that far from Florida, wish I could seen you!

Elizabeth said...

It looks so beautiful there. I would love to see more pictures of what Missippi looks like. Your mom is also looking really good.