Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Boy's matching Quilts






I started making these quilts when I was 34 weeks pregnant. I don't know what I was thinking...a bad case of nesting I guess! Anyhow, I finished them in a couple of weeks(the top and back), and mailed them to Grandma Wilde to be quilted. Then she mailed them to Grandma West(Ruth) to be binded.

I think this ended up being such a sweet idea to have three generations of women in thier family to complete thier quilts. I lvoe how they turned out. I can't thank Ruth and Grandma LuAnne enough for thier generous and fantastic service of love.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

They turned out amazing! I can't wait to see them in person.

Jon and Caprice said...

You guys still have the old link to our web album, not our blog. I keep reminding Chauncey to tell you! Our blog address is wearewalkers.blogspot.com :)

Laurie Wilcox said...

Wow, look at you... crafty little mommy! They turned out great! I think that is so special that three generations had a hand in the project. Definitely a sentimental piece... the boys will cherish them forever! I love that Grandma W. made my boys' baby blankets... although I'm not sure they will last forever because they are very "LOVED"! Cute updates by the way. Happy to see little Kate out of the sling:) Your little Bella is a doll! I need to follow in your footsteps and update my blog... soon. I am waiting on a new power cord since my computer dies on me without a moments notice. What can I say, except that I love technology.
Love you guys!

Unknown said...

They're beautiful - did you make the curtains too?

Elizabeth said...

I love them Mel, you did a great job.

Josh and Liz said...

The quilts look so great! How special for your boys to know you worked so hard on something for them.