Sunday, October 26, 2008

Three trips to the ER in one week for Kate!


Rainbow babies and Children's hospital Emergency Room. She, as you know, broke her clavicle, then I dislocated her elbow helping her up off the ground. The first trip to the ER was unsuccessful. The first doctor to try and put her elbow back into place didn't do it right, even I knew she didn't do it. I asked for a different doc to try, again, they are lame and don't know what they are doing. All the while my poor Kate is in pain with idiots for doctors. The last to try was the attending doc, you would think she should have a clue. But no. She said it was back in place and said that Kate was just..."being a 2 year old." because she was still crying. I was furious, and left, knowing that she was not beig a 2 year old and that she was still hurting. The next morning at 5 am I took her again to the ER where the first doc tried to relocate it, unsuccessfully again. So, I demanded the orthopedic surgeon immediately, which he came, and within 5 minutes had helped my baby girl finally! He got it back in right away, and was the only one who actually did the right motion on her arm to get it. I am so furious knowing that doctors can't even relocate a nursemaid's elbow, which is such a common injury!She was happy and herself again immediately(minus her broken clavicle!). All of this happened during the weekend that Grandma and Grandpa came to visit! So SAD for my Kate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH poor Kate. Too bad she had such lousy doctors, but good thing she has such a great mom!