Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What is best Friendship?

I have been thinking a lot about what makes my best friends my best friends. Since I was younger, friendship has changed to me. It has grown to be so much more. I cherish my best friends. They are my family. I worry about them, think about how they are doing, pray for them, and would do anything for them. I have been lucky enough to find a few forever friends that I hope and pray will always be my family.

First, I think a best friend is someone who makes me happy. Someone who makes me a better person by talking with and being around them. It is someone who is uplifting, spiritual, and has a true understanding of friendship. Someone who knows the bond of friendship and you can tell them personal things with no worry of having to say, "Don't tell anyone." They already know.

Another thing that makes a best friend is something uncontrollable. It is that chemistry that bonds you and puts you at ease in eachothers presence. Kind of like when you were dating, and also very different! It is something that no one can make or change. Its either there or its not.

It takes a lot of time and energy to find and keep these friends, but nothing else makes me happier other than my family! I am so grateful that the Lord has given me my best friends!

No comments: