Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Little Chauncey's Baptism

The night before little Chuncey's baptism, Christmas day night, we had a testimony meeting within our family unit. It was wonderful. Each of us took turns bearing a testimony of something to little Chauncey. It was so wonderful for him to feel thier spirits, and to know that his family also believes the same things we do.
The next morning we woke to tons and tons of snow! It was remarkable and unseen in North Carolina! Church was cancelled. His baptism was set for after the block of meetings. So, we kind of decided it may be cancelled. But, the sun came out, and I went for a drive around 2 pm and decided that the baptism was still on! Just our family in attendance with Brother Barker, the 1st counselor in the bishopric. What a unique and wonderful experience for us all.
I love the symbolism of the newly fallen snow washing cleaning, making white every surface on the morning of his baptism! So beautiful it is never to be forgotten.
Here is everyone at Little Chauncey's Baptism, the first West Grandchild to be baptized. He was so excited. Chauncey truly understands the gospel principles of baptism and the covenants that he made this day. He has a very special Spirit and a kind heart.




When Big Chauncey performed the ordinance of baptism I felt the spirit so strongly. I know Heavenly Father was so pleased that Chauncey made the concious choice to be baptized. Tears filled my eyes as he came out of the water, the spirit permeated the room.
It made me reflect back on the feelings I felt when I was baptized. They were so fresh in my mind. I wonder if its like that for everyone. I had the uniquely wonderful problem of really knowing the difference of when the spirit is present or not. It was definately a blessing for me. I think little Chauncey is learning this.
We are so grateful to our wonderful family who was willing to make the long trip out to attend this very special event for our family. We love you all so much!



2 comments:

Rochelle said...

What a special experience. I SO wish we could have been there with you. I think it's wonderful that you had a little testimony meeting with your family. I'm sure that is something that Chauncey will always remember.

P.S. I love that first picture! Chauncey is so adorable.

Laurie Wilcox said...

I LOVE all the pictures! I have been without internet and life has been chaotic for a while with the move... so I am finally getting to check in on all my peeps. What a sweet post about Chauncey's baptism! It brought tears to my eyes just to read it. It's all so surreal that our babies are baptized! Isabelle was baptized last Saturday on her actual birthday. I can't even put it into words how special it was... you summed it up pretty well though! You shouldn't make me cry when I read your posts... do better next time! LOL Tell Chauncey happy birthday and congratulations on his baptism! What a great decision he has made!