Friday, June 20, 2008

My boys are learning...

Yesterday we got home from the store and it was almost 1 o'clock, naptime. So, I left the groceries outside and told the boys I was going to go put Kate to bed, so if they wanted to earn a treat they could both bring all the groceries inside. Chauncey had gotten Cheetos for his treat andasked if he could earn those. I said yes.
I went upstair and tried to put her down. She just didn't want to go! So it took me 10 minutes upstairs. When I came down they had brought all the groceries in. Even all the milk jugs, and they had dug out the cheetos from all the bags, gotten my swissors out of my baskets, and cut the bag open! They were in the middle of the floor chomping thier cheetos.
I am glad that they are catching onto the idea that they can do most things for themselves intead of waiting/asking Mommy to do it!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is so funny! My boys do the same kind of things. I tell them "I need someone with big muscles to help me carry the groceries!" Of course, they volunteer and try to show off their strength. Isn't it nice that they are getting a little older and can do more for themselves. That is the only thing about them growing up that I do enjoy. Thanks for sharing a cute story. I like to read things like this.